12.11.2003

Today was TSD: “ Total Study Domination”
I sat up at IHOP from 8pm to 1 am…. half the time was spent reading for my sociology of sport final, one fourth making people observations and journal notes, and one fourth downing 3 pots of all you can drink coffee, a ham and cheese omelet, and Harvest Grain & Nut hotcakes. One day I shall conquer the addiction to the scrumptious breakfast morsels at the International House…but until then, I shall be chubby.

I did find something very kickass, and very true in my chapter on collegiate sports.
“Many university teachers live entirely in the tiny, incestuous, self-enclosed world of academia and haven’t the faintest idea what goes on outside of it, even on their own campuses. Many college teachers have a very limited frame of reference. They can tell you on what day of the week the Treaty of Utrecht was signed, or the name of Jonathan Swift’s maid, but they have no idea who Oprah Winfrey or Danielle Steel or Bo Jackson is. Solution: Pity the poor isolated soul.” – S. Edelstein
That’s what I’m talking about.

I have a feeling that quote’s a bit old, because about all BO KNOWS about now is infomercials.
But its still kickass.

Today was ok, we had a thing @ the Rec from 5-8, and I had to do stuff all day, blah blah blah.
Last night, however was a blast!
As you all I know, I attended my first not sorority date party ever! Michael took me to dinner @ Carino’s, then we went and hung out with his pledge bros at his house, and then we headed over to the frat house. They had built this huge pit in the party barn, and it was filled with mattresses and Styrofoam packing peanuts!! There was a live band, a bonfire in the back, and about 6 or 7 of my sistas were there. Michael and I had a blast. What a cool idea!
The only thing better would be a swimming pool full of strawberry banana JELL-O, take note. That is a goal of mine that someday I will achieve.

WHO DOES THAT? Part Quince
Wears the t-shirt BEFORE the crush party?
WHO DOES THAT?

Random Realization of the Day: I wear headphones so not to wake my roommate up when I am jamming away on the computer. Then I realize as I shuffle through my desk drawers that I am being extremely loud because I can’t hear myself shuffling BECAUSE I have the headphones on in the FIRST place. Headphones are made to protect others from hearing your personal comfort level of noise…. and they fail miserably.

Cortney’s Perfect Man, #3: Strong and genuinely loving family

Cortneyisms of the Day (wow, 2!):
It’s not the reflection of the mirror, but the reflection of the heart.
A true friend is someone that you’d give even your social security number to, no questions asked.

“We built this city…we built this city on rock and roll!”
DEUCE!
-c.Flow-

No comments: