8.03.2003

WOW, what an unbelievably fun and much needed night of greatness!

I went w/ Richie, Nick, and Corinna to Deep Ellum around 7:30 to line up in front for Trees for the Alien Art Farm concert. There weren't that many people there, so when we got in we placed ourselves practically on the tiny lil stage. At 9:30 this band called Strata came on and jammed, and Richard even talked to the lead singer from the audience, that's how close we were! When they were done with their set, he gave out the drumsticks and said "Here's one for my friend Richard," and gave it to Richie!! Too cool, because now I have it in my possession! (The splintered wood doubled as protection when leaving da club)

AAF came on around 11 and played a 14 song set. I touched the lead singer Dreyden's Nike shoe, just to say I was so close I could touch him, so I did. No tall tale here! Richard got a guitar pick, and I stole the typed out set list from off the stage for him (not the first time I've done this!)

After they were done, we reserved copies of the CD and got wristbands to go upstairs and get autographs, so they ALL FOUR signed my cd single! They weren't very talkative, though!

My autograph collection has increased! Add AAF to Pink, Grits, Pat Green, and everyone's favorite, VAL VENIS! Hello, ladies.

The real adventure began when we departed Trees, and walked back to the Dart Rail, only to find that no trains run Northbound after 11:53 on a Saturday night....but they do on weeknights, and they start again at 4 am on Sunday mornings. After establishing that this is ludacrious, we walk to the Dart Bus Station (mind you were are deep in the heart of GHETTO) Well GUESS WHAT! The bus station closes at not 12, not 1, but 12:20. So we say, screw it! and we called Richie's dad.

And, like a bunch of 15 yr olds, they picked the four of us up on a concrete island at the intersection of Live Oak and Pearl Street. (we were too scared to sit anywhere else)

We hit up the IHOP on Central, and I saw my waitress again for the 4th time this summer. I need to bring in a pic of myself, autograph it, and hang it on the wall, like all those other nobodies. I figure since I come in ALL THE TIME I might as well be recognized for it. I'm addicted to that place, with no shame, babay.

Good news, my songwriting feat was successful! Now all I need to write is a chorus......in the works. Nick and Richie have a bass and guitar written, now they just gotta find a drummer and my first song ever in my life will be done, very exciting day!!!

Nick, Corinna, and ESP Richie, you guys blessed me with an amazing night! Even though I may know all the words to Fifty's latest hit, and didn't even know Lollapalooza still existed, you guys take me in, and show me a great time. In the words of my friend R.A.L.-"We're exposing you to different kinds of stuff..."

I like it!
And also...thanks for helping me look at my family situation in a new light....praise God, my Heavenly FATHER, for sunshine, the passage of time, the healing of wounds, unconditional love, and forgiveness.

DEUCE!
-c.FLow, the original "Smooth Criminal"-






No comments: